So whilst I’ve been waiting for the LBS to rebuild my front wheel with dynamo, I’ve had to come up with alternative light arrangements. A friend recommend the SolarStorm lights. So I went out and bought this….
- It’s a simple arrangement – light fixes to bars via a thick stretchy band.
- Battery has a velcro strap that allows you to fix the battery to the frame
- Lead on light plugs into lead on battery and then you screw it together to avoid it coming undone whilst riding.
There is a button which has four settings depending on the number of times you press it:
- Press once – you get daylight
- Press twice – you get a bright summers day
- Press three times – the ISS can see you from orbit!
- Press four times – the darkness envelopes you.
Battery life is around 4 hours on ‘daylight’ setting and about an hour on ‘View from orbit’ setting.
All in all, well worth spending £18 (off ebay).
Final note – cars dip their headlights when you approach!